Thursday, August 19, 2010

Amali-Tales Part 3

1) Back Seat Driver!!
Me: (I decided to take a different way back from soccer one day and I was thinking out loud to myself) Hmm, I don't know if this is the right road. I can't remember the name. Well, I'll just try this one.
Amalia: (pipes up from the back seat and says very confidently) Nope, this is the wrong way Mama.
Me: (still unsure of myself and almost willing to believe a 3 year old) Really Mali? You don't think this is the right way?
Amalia: (extremely confident) Nope, you're going the wrong way!
Me: (now sure I was going the right way afterall) You know, I really think we're going the right way. I remember that building!
Amalia: No Mama, you're going the wrong way.
Me: How do you know?
Amalia: Because there's a sign back there that said, "Nope, You're Going the Wrong Way!"
Me: hahahahahahaha

2) Amalia is really starting to wrap her head around the concept of family and marriage and has been talking about it more lately. The other day we were sitting at the kitchen table when she pointed to a flyer for a jewelry store and said, "When I get married, I want that necklace." So I asked her who she was going to marry and she said Papi. "But," I said, "He's already married." So she said Tito (her grandfather) . . . I decided to let it go.

3) New Word - Frusturated
I was playing blocks with Amalia and when I turned around, I accidentally knocked her tower over. Amalia furrowed her eyebrows and said, "Mama, I'm sooo frusturated with you because you knocked my blocks over!" So I said, "I'm sorry Mali. I didn't mean to." So she said, "That's ok Mama, I forgive you, but go play over there with those blocks and don't get too close to mine."

4) Sometimes Amalia is like an old lady. We were in the car and I asked her if she wanted a lollipop. Amalia says, "No thank you. I've already had a lot and I'll get sick if I eat too much candy." and in the same breath she said, "It looks like its going to rain today."

5) When asked when she was going to turn 5 years old, Amalia matter-of-factly replied, "After I turn 4."

6) We were eating supreme pizza with green peppers on it and Amalia started to say she didn't like the the peppers, but I told her that it is better to say, "I will try it" instead of "I don't like it." so a few minutes later, I noticed her picking the peppers off her pizza saying, "I like these, I'm just saving them for later."

7) She woke up with an upset stomach and said, "Mama, my belly's angry today."

8) Apple Juice Addiction
Let me just begin by telling you that I think my daughter has a serious addiction to apple juice. If she could have it her way, that is all she would ever consume. And to think that I don't even give it to her straight. I only give her 1/2 juice to 1/2 water. Nevertheless, she LOVES apple juice with all of her heart. So, we're in the parking lot of the store the other day and she tells me out of the blue . . .
Amalia: Mommy, I love apple juice.
Me: I'm thinking, "Ok, thank you for stating the obvious" and wondering what it world made her think of that. I said, "Ok Amalia, thanks for telling me that."
About 10 minutes later, we're in the car on the way home . . .
Amalia: "Did you hear that Mommy? Did you hear that?"
Me: "What?"
Amalia: "My apple juice is calling."
Me: "Really? Are you sure? I didn't hear anything."
Amalia: She says in a high pitched, far-off away sounding voice, "Amaaaliaaaa . . . "
"Did you hear that Mommy? Did you hear that?"
I think she was trying in a oh-so-suttle way to tell me she wanted some apple juice when we got home . . .

2 comments:

Russ said...

Your daughter sounds adorable Anna.

Anonymous said...

These posts cracked me up! It sounds like you have a smart, funny little girl who fills your life with excitement! adorable.

kari