Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've Changed

I've changed and I didn't really even realize it. Yesterday, I turned on a Christian radio station I used to like to listen to and agreed with mostly, but I haven't listened to it in a couple years. I was listening for awhile and suddenly realized I didn't agree with this station anymore. The couple programs I listened to painted the picture of Christianity far too negative. It made me not want to be a follower of Jesus. It seemed complicated and burdensome to be a Christain. The whole of Christianity was painted as constantly being worried about sin, falling into it, or trying to stay out of it. Wow, that is not it at all! In fact, that is just the opposite. Christ has made me free from all that and sees me as His precious child without sin (through His grace and Spirit). Being a follower of Christ means being free, declared righteous, not bound by a legalistic system of checks and balances. Check out Galatians 3! Condemnation causes fear and comes from the evil one, but Jesus sets us free and makes our lives bright! The funny thing is I kept listening awhile. I think because I was glad to learn that I've changed.

No comments: